To celebrate the station’s 49th birthday, KPFT will present a special benefit concert at The Heights Theater on Sunday, March 24 from 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm. Proceeds from ticket sales will help provide much-needed support for KPFT. Get tickets at theheightstheater.com today!
The Heights Theater
339 W. 19th Street
Sunday, March 24th
Doors: 3:00 pm
Show: 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Featured performers include:
- Ruthie Foster is an award-winning singer-songwriter and she can burn down any stage with her combustible blend of soul, blues, rock, folk and gospel. A phenomenal performer, Foster has been compared to Ella Fitzgerald and Aretha Franklin.
- Jimmie Dale Gilmore has been writing and playing songs for more than 50 years, with music that blends folk, rock, country, blues and bluegrass. In addition to his critically acclaimed solo work, his career features noteworthy collaborations with the Flatlanders, Dave Alvin, and many more.
- Rosie Flores has proved to be a musical chameleon in a career spanning more than four decades, from punk rock to country, alt-country, straight-up rock, rockabilly, and, with her latest album, A Simple Case of the Blues.
- Charlie Faye and the Fayettes craft smart soul-pop that merges the swinging, swaying sound of the ‘60s girl groups with a vibe that’s so current, they’re dancing to the forefront of the retro-revival movement.
- The Peterson Brothers combine youthful energy and modern influences with old-school blues, soul and funk to a create a sound that is uniquely their own. Their live shows feature not-to-be-missed jam-band inspirations.
And get to The Heights early – GenerAsian Radio will be in the house laying down a great set of beats to kick things off!
Get tickets here.
Many thanks to The Heights Theater and all the artists for their support in making this benefit possible!