The Pacifica Foundation is a listener sponsored radio network comprising KPFA (Berkeley-CA), KPFK (Los Angeles- CA), KPFT (Houston-TX), WBAI (NYC-NY) and WPFW (Washington DC). Local station board elections are being held at each station.
Under the direction of the national election supervisor (NES), the local election supervisor, an independent contractor, will:
- assist candidates with their nominations paperwork,
- develop and distribute candidate campaign materials,
- translate candidate summary statements into Spanish,
- keep weekly progress reports,
- participate in weekly hour-long conference calls with the NES and other LESs,
- document and address member questions and concerns,
- troubleshoot conflicts together with the NES,
- provide a final summary report to the NES.
Duration: 3 months, June 1st through August 31st, with one week of training prior to June 1st start date.
Schedule: 2-3 hours daily, Mon-Sat. Flexible schedule to be determined with NES.
Compensation: $25/hour. Up to 20 hours per week.
Please note that the position may be extended for an additional three months depending on the need. Detailed timesheets will be submitted to the NES together with an invoice every 2 weeks.
- Detail oriented
- Data collection and management using spreadsheets
- Experience writing progress reports
- Ability to learn new software easily
- Patience and compassion
- Experience providing information and technical assistance via phone
- Experience with video conferencing
- Bilingual (English-Spanish)
- Use of common social media platforms
Required Software Tools:
- Google Suite (gmail, sheets, docs, forms)
- Computer (with camera and microphone)
- Cell phone
- Access to high speed internet
- Home office
Education or work experience:
- An associates degree or 2 years of relevant work experience
Additional (not required) skills:
- Audio engineering
- Visual production
- Graphic design
All work will be done remotely.
*Pacifica Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter, resume/CV and a list of 3 references to email@example.com. Indicate which station you are applying for and include “Local Election Supervisor + Your Name” in the subject line of your email.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns,
Renee A Penaloza
2021 National Election Supervisor